"Williams Hits Pay Dirt in Potomac Limited Late Models"
"Roberson Doubles in RUSH Crates"
By Doug Watson
Budds Creek, MD- Veteran David Williams scored a flag to flag feature win in last Friday nights 20-lap Limited Late Model headliner at Potomac Speedway. The win for Williams, aboard his Sommey and Ruth Ann Lacey owned Rocket XR-1 no.45, was his 42nd career win in the division and his overall 94th at Potomac.
Rookie Mark Bailey and Williams earned front row starting spots for the start of the event with Williams booming into the race lead as the field went into turn one. Williams had the field covered from that point on as he would cruise to a relatively easy win over eventual runner-up Kerry King. "I knew we had to take advantage of starting up front tonight." Williams stated in victory lane. "The cars are so equal and the drivers have all gotten so good that when you get a chance with a good starting spot you have to capitalize on it." Former track champion Tyler Emory was third with Billy Tucker and Rich Marks rounding out the top-five. Heats went to Kyle Lear and David Williams.
Defending track champion Logan Roberson wired the field for his second win of the young season in the companion 20-lap RUSH Crate Late Model main. Roberson, like David Williams in the Limited feature, darted off the front row and would pace all 20-circuits to post his 7th career Potomac feature win. "We finally got lucky with the pill draw tonight." Said Roberson after the race. "We don't get to start on the front row very often, but we had a great car tonight and again thanks to mom and dad for all they do for this team." Ben Bowie, Matt Tarbox, Jeff Pilkerton and Jamie Sutphin trailed Roberson at the finish. Heats went to Tarbox and Sutphin.
In support class action Jeremy Pilkerton scored his first career Street Stock win in the divisions 16-lap feature, Buddy Dunagan drove the race of his career to post his first-ever division win in the 15-lap Hobby Stock main with defending track champion Savannah Windsor scoring her third win of the season, on her 16th birthday, in the 15-lap U-Car feature.
Limited Late Model feature finish
1. David Williams 2. Kerry King 3. Tyler Emory 4. Billy Tucker 5. Rich Marks 6. Jonny Oliver 7. Mark Bailey 8. Kyle Lear 9. Scott Wilson 10. James Marshall 11. Deuce Wright (DNS)
RUSH Crate Late Model feature finish
1. Logan Roberson 2. Ben Bowie 3. Matt Tarbox 4. Jeff Pilkerton 5. Jamie Sutphin 6. Darren Alvey 7. Chuck Bowie 8. Brent Bordeaux 9. Megan Mann 10. Rich Culver 11. Ryan Clement 12. Darin Henderson (DNS)
Street Stock feature finish
1. Jeremy Pilkerton 2. Ed Pope 3. Mike Latham 4. Walt Homberg 5. Mike Raleigh 6. Scooter Jones
Hobby Stock feature finish
1. Buddy Dunagan 2. Sam Archer 3. Jerry Deason 4. Sam Raley 5. Hilton Pickeral 6. Dave Adams 7. Tommy Randall 8. Robbie Kramer 9. Mason Hanson 10. Pete Stallings 11. James Rainey 12. Ray Bucci 13. Matt Randall 14. Mikey Latham 15. Luke Lukinic 16. Jonathan Knott
U-Car feature finish
1. Savannah Windsor 2. Jamie Marks 3. Dominic King 4. Kyle Randall 5. Dominic Silvious 6. Leon Stover 7. Stephen Suite 8. Ryan Quade 9. Ben Pirner 10. Micheal Leigh